Tuesday, November 30, 2010
The Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network (FAAN) and the American College of Allergy, Ashtma & Immunolgy (ACAAI) are great recources for prenatal education about the basics and prevention of food allergies. Tips such as " refrain from eating peanuts through the duration of pregnancy and breastfeeding to avoid introducing peanut proteins to (your) offspring"and "a nursing mother should avoid eating other foods that a baby is commonly allergic to such as eggs and cows' milk" are all available on their sites.
Since this is tip Tuesday here are some helpful hints for dealing with food allergies:
Carefully check all ingredient labels
Learn other names of the food responsible for the allergy
Exercise caution when eating out because restaurant staff is not always aware of specific ingredients or how food is prepared
For more information regarding food allergies, we recommend checking out the "Preventing or Delaying the Onset of Food Allergies in Infants" brochure at http://www.foodallergy.org/, contacting FAAN at (800) 929-4040 or you can visit the at http://www.allergy.mcg.edu/ or call them at their toll free number (800) 842-7777.
On a happier note, here is another tip granted to you by the ladies of Moody Mamas- check out our Target.com collection and enter to win a piece from the collection. All you have to do is click here www.target.com/s/moody-mamas and tell us what your favorite two pieces are on this blog via commenting. We also have some great sales going on right now on http://www.moodymamas.com/ so be sure to check them out!!!
Have a wonderful day:)
The Moody Mamas
Monday, November 29, 2010
- Take advantage of Cyber Monday! The fabulous follow-up to Black Friday except you do not need to exert as much energy! Most of the major store chains and online stores including our own, will be hosting special deals today so check them out. Some of our favorite sales sites- www.moodymamas.com, www.nordstrom.com, and www.target.com. Ok, shameless self promotion but check them out for some deals!
- Monday night tv specials! Since we are now in the full swing of the holiday season, television specials like "CMA Country Christmas" are on, a lot of times on Monday night. Not everyone's source of mental medication, but t.v. can definitely be a stress reliever, especially when it full of holiday cheer!
- Don't feel like cooking? A lot of restaurants and fast food chains offer special weekday discounts just for people like you! Check sites like metromix for daily restaurant deals near you.
- Speaking of eating...did anyone else binge eat for the past few days? Not as fun, but Monday is the perfect day to start your week off right. Whether it is starting to eat healthier, going to the gym, or finally doing that laundry that has piled up for the past two weeks...Monday is the beginning of the week and is a great day to make some positive lifestyle changes.
Friday, November 26, 2010
Tis the season of giving so we are giving you the chance to win a Moody Mamas piece from our Target collection. All you have to do is go to www.target.com/s/moody-mamas , pick out your favorite 2 pieces and comment about them on this blog.
Now, stop reading this blog and get to your shopping!! Have a wonderful weekend,
The Moody Mamas
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Friday is the official start to holiday shopping and we are so excited about all of the wonderful deals that are coming our way. We too have fantastic deals on http://www.moodymamas.com/ going on in celebration of Black Friday and Cyber Monday so keep your eyes open and your computer near. Also, if you are looking for a freebie, be sure to check out and register for our Moody Mamas giveaway in honor of our fabulous and affordable capsule collection at http://www.moodymamas.com/. All you have to do to enter is check out our Target collection and tell us which two pieces are your favorite via "commenting" on our blog and ta da, you are enrolled for a chance to win a great piece. It's as easy as that!
Since many of you will be traveling in the next few days here are some tips to help you have a more enjoyable travel experience:
1) Play music for yourself and the baby- your baby might get a little cranky from being in the car too long as well, so whether in utero or already born, play some good jams for you both to enjoy
2) Enjoy silly car games of yesteryear- remember those funny games like "try to find a license plate for every state" while you are on the road, or "count how many people are picking their noses while they drive"- you might feel like a kid again and it will make the time pass faster
3) Do a magazine exchange- ever been on a long plane ride, finish your magazine collection only to find out that you have 2 more hours left?!!! Don't panic, make a new friend (who has a similar stack of magazines)and ask if they want to switch. You might end up talking for the remainder of the trip or at the very least you will have something new to read!
4) Bring delicious snacks- sure the "big gorge" is tomorrow, but no need to put off the yummy snacking today. Having something tasty to look forward to always make the journey more enjoyable. If you are in the car and have the money to make some rest stops, check out some local restaurants or specialty chains along the way to spice up the trip- heading down south? Check out Cracker Barrel. Awesome biscuits and a really fun store.
5) Chat- how often are you in tight quarters with your family? Take the time to get into some good convos. Try to make them light and humorous. Yelling and screaming on the road is dangerous and not pleasant for anyone...
Congrats to Kelly Preston and John Travolta on their baby boy, Benjamin!! Safe travels everyone!!
The Moody Mamas
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Award shows, concerts, and parades are all things that celebs have to look forward to come this time of year. Generally, it does not stop for stars even when they are pregnant. Imagine feeling sluggish and hungry, then being told that you have to show off your newly pregnant belly to the general public? Well, if you are the singer, Pink, you might feel excited about it! Baring the belly is something a lot of celebs do when they are pregnant, Demi Moore started that trend and as we mentioned recently, Miranda Kerr was pictured recently posing nude as well. However, we ask you, do real folks like to bare their bellies in public when expecting? If so, is this a fashion DO or a fashion DON'T?
There are lots of fashion DO's and DONT's even when you are pregnant that you might want to consider around this time. Perhaps you are not a celeb, but we bet you have lots of events to attend to, beginning with Thanksgiving. Here at MM, we think it is a DO to get dressed up for occasions like Thanksgiving dinner. Of course, we are biased since we sell fabulous dresses (if we do say so ourselves) but we encourage you to dress for special occasions when they present themselves. We have noticed that a lot of pregnant ladies don't dress up for occasions or events because they are afraid they will not be comfortable, or they like having the excuse not to. We get it, but isn't it sometimes fun to have something to get dressed for? Being pregnant, you are most likely saying no, but once you find that perfect outfit (other than your sweats), you might find that you feel more confident. Maybe being confident when pregnant isn't about baring your belly, but maybe it is more about covering yourself in clothes that make you feel good about yourself. Therefore, this Thanksgiving, we invite you to be a fashion DO and get dressed in something that makes you feel comfy (you will be eating a lot) while looking fabulous. In the market for some affordable and comfortable looks? Check out our capsule collection at Target.com. http://bit.ly/helHYe and http://www.moodymamas.com/ for some looks that will have people ooh-ing and ahh-ing over your style. Want to incorporate our styles with some pieces you already have? Here are some tips for looking great for your Thanksgiving din din.
- Go jersey! Not jersey shore...we mean fabric. Soft and comfortable, most jerseys have an innate stretch that will feel fantastic on your skin and will not bind to your body in an uncomfortable. Whether in the form of a dress or a top, we highly recommend this fabric!
- It's a cinch! Grab a belt to separate the bust from the belly when putting together a flowy top or a top that does not show off your adorable figure. Trust us, the belt will show off your killer curves.
- Accessorize! There is nothing worse than looking at your closet and finding NOTHING to wear. Shake up even your most dull drum outfit with a few fun accessories. We are loving chunky necklaces right now as well as sparkley bracelets. People will be staring at the jewels so they won't even notice the outfit!
- Brighten up! Sure you might not being feeling bright on the inside but no one has to know that... In fact, studies have shown that when wearing bright colors people's moods can change for the positive. We are loving colors like fuschia and turquoise right now.
Two days until Turkey Day! Gobble gobble:)
The Moody Mamas
Monday, November 22, 2010
Friday, November 19, 2010
Thursday, November 18, 2010
Have you heard? Pink, is pregnant as is reality star and fashion diva, Rachel Zoe. Congrats to these fantastically talented ladies! Pink has mentioned that she thinks she is having a girl, which is so fitting due to her name. Rachel Zoe has yet to predict her baby's gender but we secretly hope it is a girl so that Suri Cruise can have a fashion rival!
to use a spinnning top- no wait, that will only tell you if you are in a dream.
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
One of our favorite reality celebs and wearer of Moody Mamas clothing, Jen Schefft Waterman, gave birth over the weekend to a beautiful baby girl named Mae!! We are so ectstatic for her and wish her and her family tons of happiness and sleep!
In other news, we are very excited because in 2 short days, we are going to be featured on Access Hollywood Live! In case you folks have not seen this great show yet, it is a morning version of Access Hollywood on NBC. Generally it is on at 11am, but check with your local station to see if the time varies. Anyway, we are THRILLED to appear on this show!!
Speaking of the show, we are going to be featuring some of the hottest looks for the holidays and what you should be on the lookout for when trying to replicate celebrity style. In case you are planning a trip to the mall this evening, check out the following trends and tell us some of your favorite ways that you have incorporated them into your fall wardrobe:
1. Jewel tones
5. Animal Print
8. Classics (ie. black, red)
9. Winter florals
10. Faux furLastly, on Friday, we will be unveiling our next Moody Mamas extra credit giveaway so get ready!! Have a great day:)
The Moody Mamas
Friday, November 12, 2010
Lots of towns and cities have great events that celebrate the start of the holiday season, so be on the lookout. Also, check out event sites to get in on this weekends best bets. We like the following below.
Lastly, we want to congratulate Ashley Reyonolds for winning our Moody Mamas Extra Credit Giveaway!! Thank you to everyone who has participated in the extra credit event and be on the lookout next week, when we launch a new giveaway in honor our new Target.com collection. Check it out!!! Have a great weekend:)
The Moody Mamas
Thursday, November 11, 2010
"Life is a flame that is always burning itself out, but it catches fire again every time a child is born. "
George Bernard Shaw
Anne Buchanan & Debra Klingsporn
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Being health concious and feeling pressure to stay slim while pregnant are two very different things. In fact studies show that as many as 1 in 20 moms to be suffer from eating disorders. This number is alarmingly high given that the risks and consequences effect both the mom and the baby.
Being pregnant means having to come terms with baby weight gain and a new silhouette and this can be difficult to bare. Of course, we were are not all supermodels or celebrities to begin with, but seeing sleek bumps such as Miranda's, can result in feeling pressure to look a certain way. While Ms. Kerr was most likely born with this type of figure (and might have had some airbrushing), we want to remind everyone that we are all born with our own special bodies and our bodies acclimate to change in a variety of ways. While we all want to look great and feel great when pregnant, the need to feed your body and soul is imperative at this time. Therefore, if you or someone you know is feeling body concious at this time, we encourage you to get support.
We think that it is fantastic to feel confident in your skin when pregant and if you are feeling sexy and want to have a nude photo taken to commemorate this time, that is fantastic! However, we think that it is equally important to recognize that not all women feel overly confident with their new bodies. We know it is not easy, but we want to help you alleviate the negatives of this change and start thinking about some positives. To help you , here just a few of the positive perks that pregnancy brings:
- Gorgeous Hair- as hormones kick in, they will actually nourish your hair and make it silky and fabulous!
- Glowing Skin- no, it's not a old wives tale-the increase in blood flow actually gives your complexion a rosy glow
- Fabulous Cleavage- you've got boobs that most women dream of! Pregnancy can increase your breast size by one or two cup sizes- the more cleavage, the merrier!
- Longer Nails- if you are used to acrylics, you will particularly enjoy this perk because pregnancy causes fingernails to grow faster than normal!
- Sexy Curves- the bump brings a new silhouette to the body and this makes a lot of men gaga...
Be strong. Stay confident and remember you are beautiful.
Have a wonderful day~
The Moody Mamas
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Monday, November 8, 2010
Anyone else feeling refreshed from that extra hour of zzz's? Love "falling back"!!
Friday, November 5, 2010
1) Find an apple orchard to go apple picking- you can make this as energetic or as lazy of activity as you want. To make it less intense of a workout, look for apples at the front of the orchard, or if you are feeling really lethargic just head to your local grocery store and "apple pick" there! Once done, you should turn your hard work into something delish- make caramel apples or apple pie. Yum Yum!
2) Go to a local fall market- if you're feeling hungry and you're looking for yummy treats head to a local market and find the freshest food from the fall's harvest. A lot of times outdoor markets will have lots of other things besides food such as organic soaps or gorgeous flowers, so you can be sure you'll find some bounty!
3) Take in a football game- Though we are not particularly "sporty" at MM, we can understand why attending a sports game can be fun. Bundle up, pack some cider, and make your husband fall in love with you all over again by suggesting this activity. You'd be surprised if you are not a big sports fan because live sports are waaaaay more exciting than watching them home on t.v. Who knows, you might even enjoy yourself!
4) Go sale-ing- Yes, we mean the sport of shopping at a discount, not sailing. At this time of year you can take advantage of sales everywhere and not just on summer clothing. Everyone is getting ready for their holiday stock and need to move their products and that means savings for you!
5) Cozy up on the couch- the great thing about the weather turning cold is that you don't have to feel bad about staying in and relaxing. Get some popcorn or your favorite snack and catch up on the DVR you have saved on the tv. Don't feel guilty about this day of rest-you deserve it!
Have a fabulous weekend!!
The Moody Mamas
Thursday, November 4, 2010
Fall is in full swing and lots of ladies are starting to have parched skin. The air is dry and cool which makes facial and lip chapping all the more inevitable. What to do? Have a DIY spa day! You don't need to spend tons of money to get back that glow. Here are some of our favorite ways to quench your the thirst of your epidermis:
Wednesday, November 3, 2010