Anyone else feeling refreshed from that extra hour of zzz's? Love "falling back"!!
So...it's almost turkey time, and while we generally giveyou tips on what to wear, we want to bring you tips on what NOT to wear as well.
Sure, earrings like the ones above scream "turkey day"but , they're not exactly chic...neither is the vest featured to the right. We understand that wearing clothes like these might be considered a "tradition", however, we are begging you to stop the tradition now and look for other ways to dress in a "festive" but fashionable manner.
Here are some do's for getting "thanksgiving ready":
1. Look for a dress or comfy pants so that you can eat all the yummy foods you want without worry about bursting through buttons or zippers
2. Express your love for turkey day by wearing autumnal colors like brown, orange, and green.
3. Dress up the table with all things turkey and use all of the ideas that you were planning on using for yourself, to make the table look cheerful a la Martha Stewart.
4. Replace the need to wear turkey earrings and accessories with a classy and elegant theme, such as "What would Audrey Hepburn or Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis wear to Thanksgiving dinner" if you are thinking of going vintage or "What would SJP or Michelle Obama wear" if you are thinking modern day glam...
5. Forget what we say and do whatever makes you happy- this is a special day- so if you don't want to be fashionable and just want to keep with your tradition, all the power to you! Just think about what we are saying when Christmas rolls around...yes, we are talking to you people who own and wear sweaters like this:
If you are looking for a special outfit however, and do want to look
fashion forward, check out our collections at www.moodymamas.com and www.target.com. You will be sure to look fabulous without spending a ton!
Also ladies who have been so awesome and have been participating in our "extra credit giveaway"- the giveaway is wrapping up at the end of the week so keep sending us pics of your babies, let us know know who sent you, and tell us why you deserve to win a fabulous Moody Mamas piece! Have a great week!!
The Moody Mamas