Happy Friday! It's the weekend finally and it's supposed to be a beautiful weekend in many parts of the country. Though you might not be feeling particularly energetic- ie. no need to start the holiday shopping yet- you might want to take advantage of the beauty that is fall.
1) Find an apple orchard to go apple picking- you can make this as energetic or as lazy of activity as you want. To make it less intense of a workout, look for apples at the front of the orchard, or if you are feeling really lethargic just head to your local grocery store and "apple pick" there! Once done, you should turn your hard work into something delish- make caramel apples or apple pie. Yum Yum!
2) Go to a local fall market- if you're feeling hungry and you're looking for yummy treats head to a local market and find the freshest food from the fall's harvest. A lot of times outdoor markets will have lots of other things besides food such as organic soaps or gorgeous flowers, so you can be sure you'll find some bounty!
3) Take in a football game- Though we are not particularly "sporty" at MM, we can understand why attending a sports game can be fun. Bundle up, pack some cider, and make your husband fall in love with you all over again by suggesting this activity. You'd be surprised if you are not a big sports fan because live sports are waaaaay more exciting than watching them home on t.v. Who knows, you might even enjoy yourself!
4) Go sale-ing- Yes, we mean the sport of shopping at a discount, not sailing. At this time of year you can take advantage of sales everywhere and not just on summer clothing. Everyone is getting ready for their holiday stock and need to move their products and that means savings for you!
5) Cozy up on the couch- the great thing about the weather turning cold is that you don't have to feel bad about staying in and relaxing. Get some popcorn or your favorite snack and catch up on the DVR you have saved on the tv. Don't feel guilty about this day of rest-you deserve it!
Have a fabulous weekend!!
The Moody Mamas