Halloween weekend is finally here! Sure, it is meant for kids to enjoy- the dressing up, the candy, the scary movies...but who says that we adults can't relish in this holiday too?
We at Moody Mamas looove Halloween because it incorporates two of our favorite things, costumes and sweets! A lot of pregnant women feel worried about going out on Halloween because it often involves dressing in costume (which a lot of you are not in the mood to do) or you have to deal with lots of drunk people which is not as fun when you have to remain sober! Therefore, staying at home, eating candy and watching a scary movie marathon might just be what the doctor ordered. In honor of this fabulous holiday, here are some fun, spooky, scary Halloween movies to watch in case you don't feel like dressing up this year.
1. The Rocky Horror Picture Show- not scary but with this week's Glee shout-out Susan Sarandon in the early years and awesome music, how can you go wrong?
2. The Shining- if you want to play with Danny "forever, and ever, and ever"
3. The Exorcist- this stuff is real, 'nuff said
4. Children of the Corn- don't watch this if you live alone on a farm or are afraid of corn
5. Pet Cemetery- if you want to enjoy movie night with your pet...or not
6.Halloween- because the title is apropos
7. Nightmare on Elm Street- especially scary if you actually live on Elm Street
8.The Silence of the Lambs- so scary, you might want to have a popcorn bag to hide behind
9. Dawn of the Dead - kind of like Thriller, but movie version
10. Scream (parts 1-??)- not so scary but will make you happy you have a cellphone rather than a landline.
Have a wonderful, safe, and delicious Halloween weekend!!
The Moody Mamas