It’s the start of the last full week of February. Wow, this month just flew by!
We're sure you’ve all been told numerous times that being pregnant is the most amazing experience you’ll ever go through. Well it is! And we’ve put together our top 5 reasons to love being pregnant and to cherish this special time in your life.
1. The new foods you’ll try- You probably have had a few odd cravings for foods that you never thought you’d bite into, but now can’t seem to go a day without. Plain old weird, or just new, discovering food is a fun activity and when you are pregnant, no need to feel guilty! When you are eating for two, you can indulge in a few extra sweets too without feeling remorse. Try out the new bakery down the street or buy a cooking book and whip up a new recipe. Be creative! Who knows, you might just like that strange creation post-pregnancy as well!
2. Your constantly the life of the party- Everyone wants to know how the baby and you are doing. It’s an incredible experience that can lead to many new friendships from bonding with others about their previous or current experiences with pregnancy and parenting.
3. Becoming at peace with your body- During pregnancy, the body changes so fast that we begin to appreciate the power that the body has. It's amazing to think about the miracle of pregnancy and your ability to connect with your baby when it is in utero. While it is natural to be self conscious with your changing body, those curves are sexy so flaunt that beautiful baby bump around town!
4. You now have the perfect excuse to buy a new wardrobe- This is obviously our favorite part of being pregnant. Moody Mamas allows you to still dress chic and fashion forward, so wearing muu muus is no longer part of being pregnant. Now were not suggesting you go over board and replace your entire wardrobe, but when your significant other looks at the bills and asks what you’ve been up to, simply remind him/her that you're the one carrying the baby for 9 months! Consider that a deal.
5. You get to experience more than just the cards behind Mother’s Day- The love between mother and baby is better than any romantic feelings you’ve ever experienced. It’s like a magnet that draws you in immediately when you first look into your baby’s eyes. When Mother’s Day rolls around this spring, you’ll more than likely feel a greater connection behind the greeting cards and flowers. You’ll have experienced the gifts of motherhood and how special it truly is.
Hope these tips have brightened up your Monday and gotten you even more excited about becoming a mommy!
The Moody Mamas