It's almost Friday and it is only a few days before the "Hollywood Super Bowl" a.k.a the Oscars. One of our favorite pregnant celebrities is up for an Academy Award and what better way to celebrate than hosting an Oscar party. Gather together a few of your close friends and some good munchies for a "Sunday Fun-day". Here are some fun ideas if you are thinking of hosting a party this weekend.
* Decorate your house like it is the Oscars and have your friends "dress up" for the occasion. Grab a cheap red rollout carpet anda polaroid camera so that you can take pictures of the "stars" as they arrive. Hand out fun ballots of all the big awards such as "Best Actor/Actress", "Best Director", and "Best Movie" so your friends can fill them in before the award show begins. Whoever gets the most correct wins. If you don't want to give away a big prize, get something little for the prize winner such as some yummy candy, or a $10 gift certificate.
* Serve food that honors the movies of the year. For example, for "True Grit", serve some foods that might have been served in the old west, or maybe even shrimp and grits as an appetizer. For "The Social Network" serve mocktail versions of the drinks served in the movie. Get creative, your friends will appreciate the effort!
* Gather together some of your most comfortable blankets and ask your friends to come in their pjs. The Oscars are a long show to watch, so it might be best if everyone feels at home and is comfy. You don't need to go all out for the party, some yummy "movie foods" like popcorn, candy, and nachos is yummy. As long as there is something to nibble at, your friends will have a good time.
* If you have two rooms in the house with tv, keep the other room as a place where those not interested in the Oscars have something to watch instead.
* Get some quick-fire trivia games together to play during the commercials so that no one is ever bored.
Have some great ideas? Share them with us!! We love to hear from you:)
Have a great day!
The Moody Mamas