Happy almost Friday! Today, marks the first official day of the NYC Fashion Week for fall 2011. We wonder what hot, new trends are going to emerge for next year! We'll be scoping them out and reporting on what we see so that when it comes time to do some spring cleaning, you will know what to keep and what to ditch!
V-Day is only a few days away and like many of you, we have been hit by cupid's arrow! We love the holiday and about love- not because we are cheesy, but because it is a sweet holiday that is universal and can be celebrated in a variety of ways. Whether it is making it a special day for you and your loved one, or going festive for your kiddies to enjoy, Valentine's Day is a good time to think about all of the people in your life who you love and show them how grateful you are. Looking for a sweet way to demonstrate your affections? Make some sweet treats!!
*Perfect for your loved one- melt his or her heart with chocolate fondue. Chocolate is delish and is an aphrodisiac that will surely put you in the mood for romance. Light some candles, put on some Al Green or John Legend, and get dipping. We love this recipe from "Good Housekeeping Magazine" :
- 6 ounce(s) semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) half-and-half or light cream
- 1 tablespoon(s) flavored liqueur such as cherry, orange, coffee, or raspberry, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- Fruit such as whole strawberries or chunks of banana, pineapple, or pear
- 1/2 cup(s) almonds, toasted and finely chopped (optional)
- In heavy 1-quart saucepan or fondue pot, melt chocolate with half-and-half over low heat until mixture is smooth, stirring frequently. Stir in liqueur and vanilla; keep sauce warm.
- To serve, arrange fruit on large platter. Spoon fondue into small bowl if you like. Place nuts in another small bowl. With toothpick, dip fruit into fondue, then into almonds if you like.
- * We also like using marshmallows, broken up cookie pieces, angel food cake or pound cake bites and pretzels!Yum, yum!
Cute for the kiddies! This recipe is super adorable and easy peasy! Grab your favorite roll of pre-made peanut butter cookie dough (we like Pillsbury), a bag of Hershey's kisses, (you need appx.36 unwrapped), and a few teaspoons of sugar to dust on top. If you or your kids don't like peanut butter buy your favorite flavored (sugar, chocolate chip)cookie dough.