* Yoga requires concentration and allows your body to turn off messages if stress and tension. This aspect of the yoga practice is particularly useful when it is time for labor because it helps you learn how to have a focused mindset and provides you with a relaxation tool that is similar to lamaze.
* Regular exercise is beneficial during pregnancy and this type of exercise is a low impact so it will not cause your body further stress but it will increase strength and flexibility.
* Yoga increases blood circulation and reduces swelling and joint inflammation caused by water retention.
* If you have been suffering from lower back or sciatica pain, yoga can help you with these issues because your posture might be the culprit for this pain. Regular yoga practice stretches the lower back muscles, strengthens them and can improve posture.
* Yoga classes emphasize the use of breathing and relaxation that involves taking in air slowly and exhaling deeply.This relaxed breathing technique helps relieve tension and brings in more oxygen to the baby and your muscles.
* Classes are a great way to meet other expectant moms!
Have you tried doing pre-natal yoga? Let us know how you feel about it!
Have a great day!
The Moody Mamas